The volunteer coordinator provides professional staff support to volunteers, ensuring that children involved with the CASA of the Fox Cities, Inc. program receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. The volunteer coordinator is responsible for volunteer supervision and coordination of cases.
The volunteer coordinator should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social service-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles – experience with volunteers preferred
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect – experience working with such families preferred
- Commitment to CASA program’s goals and mission
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
The volunteer coordinator reports directly to the executive director, who is responsible for his/her performance evaluations.
- Complete CASA volunteer training
- Assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers
- Oversee case management to include but not limited to:
- Review new cases and assign appropriate volunteers, in consultation with the executive director
- Prepare and distribute assignment documentation
- Help develop initial case plans and ongoing strategies for advocacy
- Review and distribute volunteer court reports
- Maintain case files in office
- Attend court hearings and meetings with or in lieu of volunteers
- Provide assistance and consultation for volunteers as needed and when requested
- Assist volunteers and office in completion of volunteer/case stat sheets and reports
- Participate in volunteer evaluations as assigned by the executive director
- Oversee assigned volunteers and assist with identified needs
- Attend staff meetings and assist in the evaluation of the program
- Attend in-service trainings and assist with coordination if requested
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events
- Provide office coverage as assigned by the executive director
- Complete activity reports as requested by the executive director
- Attend conferences/seminars/meetings as requested by the executive director
- Participate in performance evaluations of this position as directed by the executive director
- Other duties as may be assigned by the executive director or the chair of the board.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The pay scale for this full-time salaried position is $28,000 to $32,000. Benefits include: Paid holidays and vacation, as well as monthly health insurance and mobile phone stipends
Please remit cover letter, resume and three professional references by no later than 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014 to Executive Director Maria Turner’s attention via e-mail only with “Volunteer Coordinator Application” in the subject line to [email protected] Application materials received after the deadline will not be considered.